Monday, July 2, 2012

Spoonfuls of Sugar


I am a list maker.  It helps me organize my thoughts and goals to write (and constantly rewrite) them down on paper.  Many people prefer the to-do list in their phones, but something about a tactile object makes it more real for me.  I found this daily chore calendar while perusing the internet, and other than it being useful, it is also adorable (look for the site in "Ladies Links").  I don't mind this tacked on the wall, as opposed to other Excel spreadsheet to-do's that look like Initech reports.  This made me realize that a little styling goes a long way for me.  Cute bracelet?  I want to wear it.  Cute chore chart?  (Let's hope) I want to do them!

My chore chart contains the following activities:

- Physical Activity (I'm being vague with this one, because I want to!)
- French Lessons (Rosetta Stone)
- Guitar Practice
- Morning/Night Skincare
- Job Hunting
- Water Plants
- Bad Habits (if I feel I've generally kicked them that day!)
- Adorn Yourself (a July fashion challenge at www.doitwithcassendre.com)
- Housekeeping (broken into sections):
  • Floors
  • Dusting
  • Laundry
  • Organizing
- And, of course, WRITING!

By the end of the month, I'll have a very real account of my productivity.  This will keep me on track and give me a sense of accomplishment when I see all of those check marks!

No comments:

Post a Comment