Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thank You, Thank You Very Much

Thank you cards are a very important piece of ladylike ephemera.  With the continuously decreasing pieces of exciting mail in the box, I am ecstatic when I get any sort of card (birthday, Christmas, thank you), but there is something extra special about a thank you card.  They are considered so unessential these days that I feel the sender must really mean it if she took the time to write and send one.  They definitely harken back to a more etiquette-conscious time.  It's also necessary to work on sloppy handwriting - everyone loves a nice note in cursive!  And I highly recommend handwriting the outer addresses to add a more personal touch.  I am determined to send out thank you cards on all necessary occasions from here on out.  Some of you will be getting one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment