Monday, August 6, 2012

Cactus Killer

Well, I've done it.  You said it couldn't be done, but I did it.  And did it well!  I've killed a cactus.  A beautiful little succulent died at my hands.  "How," you might ask, "did you manage it?"  Well, apparently cacti need a lot of sunlight and don't need a lot of water.  This must be why my little cactus turned into a sort of prickly Water Wiggler in my living room.

I must admit that this most recent herbicide was particularly heartbreaking.  Not only was this cactus a housewarming gift from a dear friend, but it was also the one plant I was quite sure I could keep alive.  It symbolized my skills as a homemaker.  It held all of my domestic hopes in its beautifully curved vase . . .

But seriously, it was a real bummer.  I still have one plant alive in the house, and it is now closely monitored.  Which brings me to my next project: silk flower arrangements.


No comments:

Post a Comment